At Hide Away Guest House we are making every effort to use as little energy and water as possible, an off-spin of which is a reduced carbon footprint. These are some of the initiatives we have in place:
- Hot water provided in the geyser is from solar panels located on the roof and timers attached to the geysers.
- Globes throughout the house have been changed to energy saving globes and numerous lights located around the property are activated by movement.
- We have installed cellulose fibre ceiling insulation throughout the house keeping warmth in in the winter and heat out in summer and should therefore reduce the usage of heaters/air conditioners, etc.
- Although not visible to guests, we do rain harvesting which water is used to clean the verandahs, fill the swimming pool and water the garden.
- Garbage is split into recyclable containers and we donate old linen, etc. to the Knysna Recycling Swop Shop.
- We have recently introduced earthworm farming and the resultant “compost” is used in the garden.
- Where possible we use biodegradable products for cleaning and general maintenance of the property.
It is important to know that Knysna continually has a problem with water. The reason for this is that we do not have any large catchment dams in the area but rely on water from a small dam outside of town that stores 90 days of water at any one time. Generally, the town takes its water from surrounding rivers, boreholes and a reverse osmosis plant.
Please help us to save water – a resource which is becoming more and more scarce in our beautiful country.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Featured Listings Nearby
: ClosedMon8:00 am - 5:00 pmTue8:00 am - 5:00 pmWed8:00 am - 5:00 pmThu8:00 am - 5:00 pmFri7:00 am - 4:00 pmSatClosedSunClosedAddress: Lynedoch
South AfricaAddress: Lynedoch